Before Brands is seeking an an experienced Art Director to join our company in a brand new category of food products for kids. The right candidate will be passionate about digital, social marketing and advertising, always pushing themselves to be up on what is happening among new parents in their early 30’s. Key to success will be the ability to distill compelling narratives in what could otherwise be a complex subject in early nutrition.
- Develop and execute a consistent artistic approach and style for the overall visual aspects of website, social feeds, emails, advertising campaigns and marketing print collateral.
- Strategize how best to represent a concept visually. Partner with copywriters and marketers to develop design solutions.
- Create original graphic content for all marketing channels. Lead execution from inception to completion. Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use.
- Commission specialists, such as illustrators, animation artists, photographers, or videographers, for special projects.
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, graphics and videos developed by staff members and freelance designers
- Collaborate with cross functional team (including members of Brand, Content, Marketing, Web Development and Executive teams) in order to deliver highest quality design
- 5-7 years of digital design experience, preferably in goods or services targeting millennials
- 3+ years experience in supervisory role
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies
- Able to develop compelling and impactful visual designs that tell a story and inspire action
- have a thorough understanding of interactive design, photography, typography and printing
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- work well as part of a team, with a range of people
- have an interest in social and cultural trends
- Expertise using Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design related software
- Candidate should be self-motivated, proactive, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
Please include a link to your portfolio and/or social accounts, statement of interest, and your specific qualifications along with your CV.
Before Brands is a science-based health and wellness company dedicated to bringing innovative nutritional products directly to families. Our product development builds on a growing body of evidence in support of nutritional strategies that include potentially allergenic foods as a regular part of a healthy diet.
The Company’s first product SpoonfulOne is the only holistic approach to food allergies, before foods become allergens. The dry food mix-in powder makes it easy for families to introduce and maintain the most common potential food allergens in the diets of infants and toddlers. Our patented dietary supplement is made with real ingredients including peanut, tree nuts, milk, egg, fish, shellfish, wheat, soy and sesame, which together account for 90% of food allergies.
The product is based on intellectual property developed by Dr. Kari Nadeau, Director of the Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research and Stanford University, and licensed to Before Brands™ on a global, exclusive basis. Before Brands is a member of the Council for Responsible Nutrition. We Nourish Possibilities™.