Before Brands is looking for a Director of Supply Chain, who is responsible for making purchases necessary for the operation of the Organization. These include, but are not limited to food ingredients, packaging and finished goods. The ideal candidate will ensure vendor terms, pricing and schedule deliveries using knowledge of overall budget, schedule requirements and shelf life, where applicable. They will work to develop and adhere to systems to track inventory of operating supplies, materials, raw materials and finished goods. In addition, they will analyze trends and recommend orders based on best practice standards. They will have the ability to develop systematic cost savings and navigate risk management strategies in order to ensure a high quality, safe supply.
- Assist in the development and execution of Procurement strategies for categories under control
- Develop Requests for Information (RFI) with potential new vendors
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotes (RFQ), assess results, document recommendations and communicate results to vendors and internal stakeholders
- Seek, support and implement raw material cost reduction opportunities
- Develop fact-based negotiation strategies and conduct negotiations with vendors to achieve the lowest Total Cost of Ownership
- Accept/Reject partners and product shipments based on quality standards defined by Food Safety team
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders on supplier selection, quality and safety requirements and service level benchmarks to gain proper alignment on category direction and ensure satisfaction
- Develop and maintain vendor agreements in collaboration with Legal team
- Oversee implementation activities, assess and mitigate potential risks, evaluate project successes and failures and drive process changes to improve future projects
- Manage all aspects of category from source to payment and ensure compliance to policy on all sourcing activities
- Manage vendor relationships, track performance and communicate vendor performance feedback
- Assist in the development and management of departmental budgets and work with Finance team to analyze trends and monitor and address any variances on delivered pricing
- Research, track and communicate industry trends, best practices, applicable indices, and competitive offerings to identify opportunities for innovation, competitive advantage and increased profitability
- Assist in identification, evaluation, selection and implementation of relevant technologies
- Seek, support and implement internal and external process improvement opportunities
- This position requires up to 25% travel
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Skills and Abilities:
- 6+ years experience in managing a food and/or dietary supplements supply chain
- Familiarity with infant foods is a plus
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies audits (i.e. USDA, FDA, etc)
- Recognition of Opportunity: recognizes new opportunities and acts to take advantage of them.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple workstreams at once
- Quantitative Analysis: skillful in using quantitative analysis to understand business issues.
- Creative Thinking: able to think creatively, generating new ideas and approaches to situations.
- Organizational Priority: able to make decisions that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Negotiation Skill: skilled in negotiating tactics, effective in utilizing analysis and creative solutions to extract the greatest value for the company.
- Merit-orientation: judges ideas and people on merit alone, without bias or favoritism.
- Influence: can influence and persuade other people, even without direct authority.
- Written Communication: a good writer; expresses ideas and positions clearly.
- Cross Cultural: Able to interact effectively with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
Education and Experience:
- 6+ years - Experience in Procurement in food/beverage manufacturing
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical related field or equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or other Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in working as part of a recall team