Before Brands is looking for a Sr. Director of Food Manufacturing for its SpoonfulOne supplement and food product division.
SpoonfulOne is a health and wellness company whose mission is to make it possible for children to enjoy all foods in their life without hesitation. SpoonfulOne’s delicious, kidfriendly snacks and supplements have a single purpose – to nourish children and help protect them from developing a food sensitivity or allergy.
Developed by a mother of five and pediatrician, SpoonfulOne snacks and supplements help a child’s system become stronger day by day. Each snack contains a spoonful of our Foundational Food Blend, which includes tiny portions of foods, such as nuts, seafood, milk and eggs, etc so a child can get accustomed to them and enjoy them forever. This position will initially report to the Chief Operating Officer and oversee raw materials planning and purchasing, quality assurance of supply chain and manufacturing partners and production of our ‘ready-to-eat’ food product line. This position will provide overall management and strategic direction to the operations team as it relates to food manufacturing, production and raw material supply chain.
The person for this role will have the proven ability to build relationships with manufacturing and regulatory partners to facilitate production, ingredient suppliers to Ensure a reliable supply chain, and finance department to meet financial goals. This is a hands-on position, based in Menlo Park, CA with an estimated 60%-70% of the time spent traveling to manufacturing, suppliers and co-packing partners.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Own food manufacturing production including proprietary sub ingredients
- Problem solve during production runs with co-packers and co-manufacturers
- Search and secure proper co-manufacturers and co-packers for existing and new products
- Identify and develop optimization strategies in support of company financial goals while maintaining quality
- Ensure raw materials supply through direct supervision of inbound raw materials supply chain
- Ensure QA function across the stage gate through collaboration with QA leader
- Ensure PO’s are fulfilled in full and on time, including securing line time with manufacturers
- Evaluate and recommend process and equipment innovation
- Own cost optimization strategy across multi-site manufacturing network
- Report on ongoing manufacturing costs
You are right for this role if you are:
- A highly-skilled production leader with experience interacting with senior management to guide food production and supply chain
- You are results oriented, self-motivated, high performance professional with an eye on what’s possible.
- You have a proven track record of creatively problem solving through processing, quality, cost, and food safety.
- You put food safety and quality first.
- BS/BA in engineering, food technology, business administration or other related subject
- 10+ years’ experience managing multi-site manufacturing network
- 10+ years experience managing raw materials procurement
- 10+ years experience negotiating contracts, volumes and pricing schedule
- Technical knowledge of quality and food safety systems, and excellent understanding of GMPs
- Experience owning QA as an area of oversight
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies audits (i.e. USDA, FDA, etc)
- Experience managing a P&L
- Experience with bakery manufacturing a must
- Experience with extruded forms a plus
- Presentation and communication to an executive audience
- Proven ability to lead teams and initiate constructive changes without daily direction
- Computer proficient in Excel, Word, etc…Capable of quickly learn and interact with structural databases and programs
- Believes in our mission that the world should be a place where children and families are able to eat without fear.
- Your reports and manufacturing partners love you